Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Reassurance

We went to our boobie support group today at the hospital. But, let me back up a little. Emma decided to cluster feed last night and we were having so much fun playing with her that we over-stimulated her and then she was over-tired. So, at 11pm - she still wanted to eat. Ugh! I was tired. So, I thawed a bottle of breast milk and fed her that - she took about 3.5 oz. and she slept for 5 hours. 5 hours of uninterrupted sleep, just what I needed! So, she woke up and ate on the right breast for 15 minutes and went back to sleep. She got up at 7am and ate on the left breast for 30 minutes, while I pumped the right and then the left. I got 3.5 oz.

At 10:30, she ate again. So, let the reassurance begin. I wanted to see how much refilled after pumping. She ate 116cc - so almost 4oz. She weighed 10lbs 4oz. today! She gained a lb. this week - so it is working. So happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment