Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Almonds

I think we have found our main allergent. Since starting this new diet, Emma has started pooping more. Because her little bottom was starting to get irritated from all of the extra diaper activity - I started using Burt's Bee Diaper Ointment. Okay, so after 2 days I noticed it was getting worse. In fact, I put a wipe on her little bootie and went to go get the ointment and came back to find a little speck of blood from her skin around her anus. Ugh, poor baby! I looked at the tube and read the ingredients....Main ingredient: Almond Oil. Well dang! I guess all those pecans, walnuts and almonds I was eating until I went on the diet were the main culprit for her rash.

Of course, we found out this week that Michael was allergic to everything as a baby and he had asthma which predisposes Emma to have tree nut allergies. Maybe, she isn't allergic to dairy after all. Not going to risk it at this time - will try dairy products further down the road.

In the meantime, we are trying to heal our little baby's butt!

No comments:

Post a Comment