Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Monday, November 1, 2010

First night back to work

Let's just say that it did not go the way i planned. It started at 7 am - normal day except for haul ass to finish 4th grade science project for ODD. Baby was super gassy due to a strong dislike to fenugreek. She cluster fed all thru the day and in between I worked on the science project. Finished that at 5:30 pm and started to try and get ready for work. My original plan was to work 11p - 7a and start on a Sunday because it would be slower. I went in at 9:40 cuz I got the baby down at 7.

We worked all night! Almost 9 hours, no lunch, one pumping session, no nap = dead dog butt tired. I ended up using the pump at work - this thing is a dinosaur. However, it was quicker for me to use that than set mine up and I had no time. I wasn't sure how to adjust the suction and could hear no change when turning the dial....the person that pumped before me...let's just say they had nipples of steel.

I went 6 hours between pumpings and expressed 6.5 oz. Then, I came home after being up 24+ hours and tried to feed Emma. She ate on the right and I fell asleep. She ate on the left and I pumped the right and got another 3 oz. I was so tired. I tried to take her to bed with me, both of us just panties and she fussed. 4 hours later, I asked my husband to feed her so I could conch out. I ended up swaddling her and out we both went down for a four hour nap. Got up - boobs full and worried about my first night back to work causing a decrease in milk production.

No comments:

Post a Comment