Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Friday, November 5, 2010

Day 3 of TED, 2 Month checkup and shots funny

Today, was Day 3 of the diet. Not as bad as I thought it would be. Turkey Bacon for breakfast. Turkey Burgers and Rice for lunch. Apple Pear for a snack. Chicken Wings and Sweet Potato for dinner. Yummy!

Also, we had Emma's 2 month checkup today. She weighed 12lbs. 2oz., 22.5 inches long. Her umbilical hernia is minor and should heal up on its own. And the hemangioma shouldn't be a problem. However, when I arrived I told the nurse that we would not be doing vaccines (I did this so that she wouldn't prepare them) We decided to do a delayed immunization schedule (I just haven't decided how delayed yet). So, the pediatrician asked me what we were doing about vaccines and I said we weren't doing them today, especially with her having allergy issues. He told me that vaccines wouldn't really interfere or cause any other allergy issues...huh?

Then, after the long song and dance about how good they are for her now, as well as later. That he would be more than happy to do them in a month so that she could resume the normal schedule at 4 months. Ha ha! Okay, is that like running an ad that says "Bring your baby in and let us stab her in the legs multiple times and then she will be irritable for days". Umm, no thanks. Don't get me wrong, I have my reasons for not vaccinating now. We aren't doing daycare. The whole family is vaccinated and she is not around anyone who is not vaccinated. We will do immunizations, just not now.

All in all, a very good week. A bummer that I have to go to work tomorrows - 2 days this weekend. Boo! But, I have to do it so I might as well accept it.

Moving on to Day 4!

No comments:

Post a Comment