Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Constipation?

Now, I know they say BF babies don't get constipated but I feel like Emma is not going as often she should. She was averaging one large stool a day for the last week to week and a half. The stools were yellow and seedy, but also a little thicker than I would like. She has been a little gassy the last few days, so I decided to help her out a little today with a slight suppository. I used the pediatric dosage and then cut it down to a 10th of that. She immediately went and then ate and then went again. Her tummy wasn't so rigid after that and she looked like she felt better. Now, all of it was yellow and soft - nothing hard. So, I'm not sure what the hold up on the poop is but hopefully she'll start going on her own now and not be so uncomfortable.

If you are reading this and have the same problem, call your pediatrician first. This is not medical advice by any means :)

No comments:

Post a Comment