Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A New Support Group

Today, I decided to try a new BF support group. It is located at the hospital, well across the street from it. I wasn't sure what to expect and I really just wanted to see if there was a difference between the two. Don't get me wrong, I have known Molly and Vicky for 4+ years and adore them both. However, I just needed to see if there was a different way of doing things.

I arrived early (about 20 minutes) and started to feed Emma. A little bit later, a LC walked in that I had not met before. I was glad that it wasn't Liz, cuz I really didn't care for her. I had been hoping for Angela but this woman seemed very nice. She got the scale out and when Emma took a break from the boobie, I weighed her. Unfortunately, I wouldn't know exactly how much she was getting because she had been feeding for 10 minutes on my strong side already. Hmm...oh well.

First, let me say that the room was more inviting than the other support group room. Next, the chairs were much more comfy. This new LC was much more attentive. There were about the same number of women there, however, the babies ranged from a few days old to 6 months old. This was nice to see where I had come from and where I was going. I found this to be most encouraging. Also, she was able to look at my nipple that is slightly excoriated and we talked about the possibility of thrush, Raynaud's, etc. We discussed pumping, as well as Emma's poop (odd, how I am obsessed with poopies lately).

It was a good day. I will be returning to this support group, most definitely. I felt supported, which is the purpose of a support group.

No comments:

Post a Comment